Thank you for your interest in the Mission Innovation Champions programme. The Mission Innovation Champions programme is sponsored by various member nations of Mission Innovation, but the software platform that you may access through this website is provided by RAMPIT. Please know that by participating in the Mission Innovation Champions programme and in accordance with these Rules you are eligible to receive various forms of recognition. So, it is important to define the conditions of your participation. The Rules governing the Mission Innovation Champions programme ("Rules") are stated here as an extension of the Terms & Conditions ("Terms") for use of this website. The full Terms are available for your review by accessing them on this website. The Rules constitute "Competition Terms and Conditions" under Clause 2.3 of the Terms. Capitalized words used but not defined in the Rules have meanings given to them in the Terms.
Please read these Rules and the Terms carefully, as they describe the provisions under which you are allowed to participate. As you participate, you may periodically be asked to recognize your acceptance of these Rules and the Terms by clicking "accept" at various pages on this website, but by continuing any use of this website you expressly consent to all of these Rules and the Terms.
On behalf of our Mission Innovation member nations, we welcome applications from individuals who meet our eligibility requirements. The Mission Innovation Champions programme is designed to connect and recognize individual persons, who are leaders in fields of clean energy. Candidates must meet the following conditions:
- You are a citizen or legal resident of one of the following countries: Australia, Austria, Belgium, Bulgaria, Canada, Chile, China, Croatia, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, India, Ireland, Italy, Japan, Latvia, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malta, Mexico, Morocco, Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Republic of Korea, Romania, Saudi Arabia, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden, United Arab Emirates, and the United Kingdom.
- You are 18 years of age or older, and You are registering as a User on Your own behalf and in Your own name (and not on behalf of and/or in the name of another person);
- You agree to act in good faith and in accordance with all of the Terms posted on this website.
Please note that each candidate must register on this website to participate, but no candidate may register more than once (for example, by using a different username/email). If you have registered more than once on this website, you may be eliminated from the Mission Innovation Champions programme.
Organizations or government agencies are not eligible to submit applications. The Mission Innovation Champions programme invites individual persons to participate. Any individual who submits an application on behalf of him or herself may have one or more associations with organization (including government agencies) and also may be government officials or employees, but those participants must act on their own authority and not under the direction of any employer or affiliated organization or government agency.
Previous Winners of the Mission Innovation Champions programme are not eligible for consideration in any other subsequent year. Previous Winners may serve in various other capacities, including but not limited to nominating other candidates.
Other ineligibility criteria are included in the Terms posted on this website.
The Mission Innovation Champions program may require additional information from any candidate who is eligible to receive any Award(s), including but not limited to the following:
- Documentation to verify the identity and legal standing of a candidate;
- Any necessary documentation from any affiliated organization(s) who are referenced in a candidate’s application.
- Any other legal or related documentation verifying claims made by the candidate in an application.
We reserve the right to perform any background checks on any candidate. Any refusal by a candidate to provide necessary authorizations may be a reason to reject any application for further consideration.
Treatment and Use of Intellectual Property
By submitting an application, as a registered User or candidate for the Mission Innovation Champions programme, you hereby are providing a perpetual and unrestricted license for RAMPIT and the Competition Sponsors to republish, post, and otherwise make available any content that you submit through this website, including but not limited to any related assessment of that content.
- You must complete registration to participate in the Competition. You cannot reside in nor be governed by countries that are prohibited by law, regulation (including United States or other applicable export laws and regulations), treaty or administrative act from entering into trade relations (including export of technology) with the United States of America or its citizens.
- Your Entry should meet the application requirements stipulated on this website. You are required to register in advance of any deadlines for the submission of an Entry, and You must comply with all other deadlines posted on this website. Your Entry may not, in the sole and unfettered discretion of the Competition Sponsors and/or RAMPIT, contain obscene, provocative, defamatory, or otherwise objectionable or inappropriate content. The Competition Sponsors and/or RAMPIT reserve the right to cancel, modify or suspend the Mission Innovation Champions programme in whole or in part without liability to You. The Competition Sponsors and/or RAMPIT also reserves the right to disqualify You from participating.
- Any content provided by You as part of your application must be in English, unless you are granted permission to submit content in another language, as part of any specific instruction preceding a question or prompt in the application.
- The Content created or provided by You must be your own. You represent and warrant that your Entry is an original work created solely by You, that You own all Intellectual Property in and to the Entry, and that no other party has any right, title, claim or interest in the Entry, except as expressly identified by You to us in writing. You retain all right, title and interest in any inventions, software or work of authorship You invent or create but grant the Competition Sponsors and/or RAMPIT the right to distribute and display Your Entry.
- While RAMPIT, LLC (“RAMPIT”) is providing an online platform for your participation, RAMPIT is not responsible for the payment of any Award(s). Payment of any Award(s) is the sole responsibility of the Competition Sponsors and/or their designated authority, and under the Terms each participant has agreed to look solely to the Competition Sponsor and/or their designated authority, for the payment of any Award through a separate grant agreement.
- By submitting your Entry, you agree to release, discharge and hold harmless the Competition Sponsors, RAMPIT, and their partners, affiliates, subsidiaries, advertising agencies, agents and their employees, officers, directors and representatives from any Loss arising out of your participation in the Mission Innovation Champions programme and the acceptance and use, misuse, or possession of any Award(s). Neither the Competition Sponsors nor RAMPIT assume responsibility for any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, or delay in operation or transmission; communications line failure; theft or destruction of or unauthorized access to Competition entries or entry forms; or alteration of entries or entry forms. Neither the Competition Sponsors nor RAMPIT are responsible for any problems with or technical malfunction of any telephone network or lines, computer online systems, servers or providers, computer equipment, software, failure of any entry to be received on account of technical problems or traffic congestion on the Internet or any website, human errors of any kind, or any combination thereof, including any injury or damage to entrants’ or any other persons’ computers related to or resulting from participation, uploading or downloading of any materials related to the Mission Innovation Champions programme.
- THE MISSION INNOVATION CHAMPIONS PROGRAMME IS VOID WHERE PROHIBITED. Entrants agree that this Competition shall be subject to and governed by the laws of Tennessee in the United States of America and the forum of any dispute shall be in the courts of Davidson County, Tennessee, United States of America. To the extent permitted by law, the right to litigate, to seek injunctive relief or to make any other recourse to judicial or any other procedure in case of disputes or claims resulting from or in connection with this Competition are hereby excluded and any entrant expressly waives any and all such rights. Certain restrictions may apply.
- If for any reason the Mission Innovation Champions programme is not capable of running as planned, due to infection by computer virus, bugs, worms, Trojan horses, denial of service, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures or any other causes beyond the control of RAMPIT that corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity, or proper conduct of this Mission Innovation Champions programme, RAMPIT reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual(s) who tamper with the process, and/or to cancel, terminate, modify, or suspend the Mission Innovation Champions programme.
- The Competition Sponsors and/or RAMPIT reserves the right to disqualify any participant who violates these Rules, the Terms and any standards of behavior expressed or implied in them.
We look forward to receiving your most thoughtful and creative application.
You may contact us with any questions or comments about these Rules. Please enter Mission Innovation Champions in the subject line of your email. You may reach us at: firstname.lastname@example.org